December 18, 2014

Christmas time in New York







 
Caught the wonderful Broadway show, Cabaret, on Sunday with the remarkable Alan Cumming and the current Sally - Emma Stone.  Both terrific, the cast amazing.  Quite different from the movie version, closer to the book The Berlin Stories by Christopher Isherwood.  Adored the actress Linda Emond and her soaring voice as the landlady and her love interest played with such pathos by Danny Burstein.  Did the crowded Fifth Avenue stroll afterwards (the tree, the tree) and then onto Bryant Park where I love to stop in the summer for an iced drink after visiting Patience and Fortitude, the Library Lions.  Now it's a Christmas wonderland with a surprisingly large ice rink, a lovely tree, and many little wooden "houses" filled with gifts and food goodies and the like.  Ample room to sit and rest and watch the skaters here as well - and just a short stroll to Grand Central Station.  A good time was had by all. 

3 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

I didn't get to do my usual San Francisco Christmastime outing this year, so it's fun to see these pictures that put me in the big-city-Christmas mood. Thanks!

Jenny Woolf said...

I am always impressed at the new and different ways stores find to decorate their office buildings. I haven't yet managed to get around and see the ones in London because I've been so busy since getting back, but maybe I will manage to do it at the weekend! Have a great Christmas.

Charlestonjoan said...

Isn't it wonderful! I did the NYC trip this year with a friend. We had a great long weekend and put some miles on the pavement. Merry Christmas!